Boxing training is tailor-made for High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) workouts. The duration of the rounds and the equipment available make it a MUST DO for people looking for HIIT style workouts. It is also an excellent regime for:-
- Improving Confidence & Self Esteem
- Weight loss
- Increasing Strength
- Increasing Muscular Endurance
- Increasing Cardiovascular Endurance
- Increasing Muscle Definition/Tone
- Shredding Fat and boosting metabolism
- Improved Coordination
- Improved mental health and well-being
Boxing is a fully absorbing sport where the time in the gym will disappear quicker than if on a treadmill. The boxing stance (Commonly referred to as ‘Your Guard”) is the foundation to all your boxing training. The correct stance will allow you to throw faster and more powerful punches along with teaching you how to defend yourself. On your very first lesson the stance will be taught and practiced before any other boxing move.
To get the most out of your workout it is essential that the basic skills are practiced continually. Think footwork, defence, mobility, explosive power and coordination. This will ensure that your skill level increases overtime as well as your speed, power, agility and overall general fitness.
During your sessions at PREMIER BOXING a wide range of drills and equipment will be used to improve your skills.
- Punch Bag: Hitting a heavy bag works every muscle in your body when done correctly. It is excellent for developing the bodies core through rotational training and helps develop that ever elusive “6 pack”
- Pad Work & Focus Mitts: These drills involve one on one interaction between boxer and coach. Punches are usually thrown in combinations using offensive and defensive movements. Pad work will improve your technique and aim improving your hand and eye coordination. The techniques you perform in your boxing training will start to be embedded into your muscle memory and improve your distance and pacing and perfectly encapsulates the ebb and flow of a real fight without the risk of being punched.